Adult Confirmation Information & Class Information
For all adults interested in receiving the sacrament of Confirmation, please contact Mr. Reyes Ruiz at 703.880.4332. Because the Sacrament of Confirmation is one of the three Sacraments of Initiation, you are highly encouraged to be fully initiated into the Catholic Church prior to receiving any of the other Sacraments (i.e. marriage).
Adult Confirmation Registration PDF
Adult Confirmation Calendar PDF
Youth Confirmation Information
The sacrament of Confirmation in the Diocese of Arlington is typically done in 8th grade. If you have children ready to receive this Sacrament, please contact the Religious Education Office to see what preparations are needed (see below). If your children are enrolled at St. Joseph's school they will automatically be provided with Confirmation preparation.
“Insofar as possible, there is to be a sponsor for the person to be confirmed; the sponsor is to take care that the confirmed person behaves as a true witness of Christ and faithfully fulfills the obligations inherent in this sacrament” (Can. 892).
1) The sponsor should be 16 years of age or older, more mature, more informed, and more experienced than the candidate and willing to share his or her faith with the candidate.
2) He/she is an active, practicing Catholic who has received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
3) He/she is a practicing Catholic who can receive Eucharist (Communion) at Mass
4) If married, he/she is married in the Catholic Church, or if single, he/she is not cohabiting.
5) He/she is not the parent of the candidate
Please Note: The completed Confirmation Sponsor Certification form is to be returned to St. Joseph’s Parish Office with the pastor’s signature and church seal of the parish that the sponsor is registered.