The St. Joseph's Youth Ministry program was implemented in 2003 with the hope of bringing youth to Christ by developing relationships in the Church. Our goal is to have all young people feel God’s love by empowering them in some aspect within parish life. We have various activities and events for the youth of St. Joseph’s throughout the year and we do our best to accommodate them in faithfully innovative ways.
Understandably, these events undergo much coordination and planning. It is the fruit of many people’s labors and takes a team of parishioners to make them a reality. We appreciate assistance on the parental and volunteer levels, both in direct ministry and/or behind-the-scenes work. If you're capable of using your gifts, whatever they might be, in service to this ministry, please contact us.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, our mission is to extend our help to all youth regardless if they're part of the ministry program or not. Some youth may never step into the ministry program, but all should be given the chance to be part of Church life. If there's anything we can do to help a teenager become more involved in the parish or to grow in the faith, we will do everything possible to make it happen.
Youth Ministry Staff and Adult Helpers
- Mr. David Bristow, Director of Youth Ministry
- Mrs. Nan Neimo, Parent Liasion
- Mr. Dan Csizmar, Adult Team Leader
- Mr. Jim Roewer, Work Camp Stakeholder & Adult Mentor
- Mrs. Tracy Malito, Adult Mentor
- Mr. Tom Reilly, Open Gym Coordinator
- Mr. Jorge Arce, Open Gym Monitor
- Mrs. Melissa Pryzbysz, Respect for Life Coordinator (youth ministry)
- Mrs. Kristen Golomb, Adult Mentor
- Mr. Mike Power, Adult Mentor
- Ms. Emily Anderson, Adult Mentor
- Mrs. Stephanie Nicgorski, Adult Mentor
- Mrs. Mary Kay Bailey, Adult Mentor
- Mr. Allan Gilbertson, Photographer & Adult Mentor
- Mr. Connor Bergeron, Artist in Residence
St. Joseph's Church & Child Protection:
All adults (18 years or older), parents, and/or staff members that have significant contact with the youth of any age and/or in any fashion must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Diocese of Arlington Office of Child Protection, St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, and VA State and Federal law. This includes, but is not limited to, completing all background and questionnaire paperwork, criminal background checks, finger printing (for paid employees), and completion of the Virtus seminar before working with the youth within the St. Joseph’s Youth Program or parish at large. To obtain a copy of the St. Joseph's Staff Manual please contact the St. Joseph's Youth Office at 703.880.4309.